Trained Operator (Red) Card
The requirements for this card are:
- Carry out any training necessary to bring you up to the standard required to enable them to pass the CPCS Technical Test, this can be delivered by a CPCS Trainer.
- Pass the relevant CITB Health, safety and environment test
- Achieve the CPCS Theory Test (within two years of the CITB Health, safety and environment test)
- Achieve the CPCS Practical Test (within six months of the CPCS Theory Test and within two years of the CITB Health, safety and environment test).
- Both CPCS Theory and Practical Tests are delivered by an accredited CPCS Test Centre.
On achievement of the CPCS Practical Test, the CPCS Test Centre will request the CPCS Trained Operator (Red) Card on your behalf.
Additional routes available for existing card holders
Additional Routes available for existing Trained Operator card holders (current/or expired)
CPCS acknowledges that some individuals are unable to progress and the following additional routes are therefore available:
12-month SVQ or NVQ extension
The requirements to extend your card are:
- Hold a valid Trained Operator Card which is still within the 12-month grace period
- Register for the SVQ or NVQ
To apply for this card contact our CPCS Helpline on 0844 815 7274, where you will have the option to request this over the telephone, using a credit/debit card, alternatively you can request this card in writing, enclosing a cheque or postal order to:
PO Box 320
Norfolk, PE31 6XD
The cost of this service is £25, this is a non-refundable fee for the services of processing the application.
Additional Trained Operator Card
The requirements to obtain this card are:
On achievement of either CPCS On-Site Assessment or CPCS Practical Test, your chosen CPCS Test Centre will apply for the card on your behalf.
Out of Work Declaration
The requirements for this route are:
A confirmation letter will be issued, which can be shown to potential employers outlining the steps required by you to enable you to return to full Scheme Membership, along with the appropriate application form.
Temporary Card Request
When you have found employment, you can then apply for a six month temporary card. To obtain this card you need:
- A valid relevant CITB Health, safety and environment test pass (within two years of the date of application receipt)
- On achievement of the requirements you will need to complete the Application for a Return to work 6 month CPCS card (F1/6) issued. This can be found on the reverse of the confirmation letter
Once you have obtained your six month temporary card, you can fully re-enter the scheme (at the same level previously held) by applying for an Additional Trained Operator (Red) card