Grant code: A09
You can claim this grant for your employees’ attendance on a technical, professional or management-level course in a subject related to construction in all occupations. You need to claim this grant by 31 March 2018 however the employees can complete the qualification after this date.
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2017.
The grant supports training for your:
- employees paid through PAYE.
The grant is not available to support:
How much you can get
The grant is payable to a maximum of 35 days per person per Grants Scheme year on the following
- BTEC level 3 and above
- SQA National Certificate
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) and Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Foundation degrees, bachelor degrees (eg BSc), postgraduate certificates and diplomas, and master’s degrees (eg MSc)
- Some construction management qualifications (eg C-ILM and ILM)
You can claim for between one and 15 days per person for:
- NEBOSH: up to 15 days per person
- IOSH Managing Safely and IOSH Safety in construction: up to four days per person
- Other IOSH courses (except IOSH Working Safely): one day per person
What the grant supports
Attendance on a technical, professional or management course in a subject related to construction in the 2017/18 grant scheme year. The training must:
- take place off the job on a part-time or day-release basis
- be approved by CITB.
Check our full list of approved courses. If your course is not shown here, you can call our grants team on 0344 9944455 to check if it’s covered.
The grant does not support:
- training for VQ Level 3 or below
- evening courses
- distance learning and e-learning courses (you may be able to claim for this training carried out during normal work time if you have a Training and Development Plan)
- completion of Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) modules
- off-the-job attendance by apprentices (excluding Higher Apprenticeships detailed above)
- bridge courses, prior to attendance on a Technical and Professional Training course
- full-time attendance course
- subsidiary diplomas (you can claim for attendance on a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma via the Short Duration or Training and Development Plan route)
How to claim
The deadline for submitting your claim is 30 June 2018.
For training taking place between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018, download and complete a single grant claim form as a PDF or a multiple grant claim form in Excel and submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org CITB Levy and Grant Customer Operations by 30 June 2018 or you claim will be rejected.
For the qualification your trainee gains at the end of the course, see Technical and professional grant: achievement.
Terms and conditions
The Grant Terms and Conditions answer more questions about who can or can’t claim, and how our grants scheme works.
Before you apply, make sure you've read and understood the Terms and conditions.
Have you signed up to CITB Grants Online?
By signing up to CITB online you can:
- see your grant statement
- request a grant report
- authorise grant claims
Already have an account? You can log in now.