After you have completed your CITB Levy Return and received your Levy Assessment Notice explaining how much levy you need to pay, you can arrange your levy payment.
When to pay
You need to pay the levy, or set up a direct debit to pay by instalments, within 30 days of receiving your assessment. We will send your assessment to you in spring.
If you haven’t arranged your levy payment by 31 July, grants are withheld until you have set this up.
Please note, in 2016 the deadline for arranging your levy payment has been extended to 31 December 2016.
There are two ways you can pay the levy:
- by direct debit in up to 10 interest-free monthly instalments
- in full as one lump sum.
Paying by direct debit instalments means you can stagger your levy payment. The service is free of charge and easy to set up.
How to set up your direct debit
- Download the Direct Debit Mandate form (PDF 26.06 KB)
- Complete the form and return it by post to:
Levy & Grant Customer Services
Norfolk, PE31 6RH
- We’ll send you a document called the combined Levy Assessment Notice and Direct Debit Advance Notice, at least 10 days before the first payment is due. This document tells you how much levy you owe and the dates and amounts of each instalment.
- The payments will leave your bank account automatically each month – you won't need to do anything else.
Provided you submit your Levy Return on time each year and don’t cancel your direct debit, the payments will remain in place year to year.
Help and advice
If you need help with setting up your levy payment, call us on 0344 994 4455.