What is a Roof Slating and Tiling apprenticeship?
Can you tell your fascia from your flashing? On this roofing course, you’ll learn how to use plain and interlocking tiles, cement fibre slates and other materials to cover valleys, hips and general areas.
- The apprenticeship covers the practical techniques and theoretical knowledge you need to achieve the roof slating and tiling framework.
Two years (total training: 22 weeks at college over the two year period)
You’ll spend periods between college training on site with your employer, developing work-based skills and knowledge.
You will be paid while you learn. If you have not made an application, visit bConstructive to make sure you are eligible for funding.
NCC Midlands and NCC South, More information on NCC campuses
Please call 0300 456 5037 for course dates and more information as we need to confirm some details of the apprenticeship with you.
No formal requirements, but it’s useful to have GCSEs (grade A*-C) in English and maths.
- You will have to complete a Skills Learning exercise and may have to attend the college for further tests.
- Good numeracy skills are important as the job involves calculating areas and quantities of materials • You’ll need an aptitude for reading and interpreting plans, instructions and drawings.
- Physical fitness
- A head for heights
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
Assessment and exams
A combination of classroom-based theory and workshop-based practicals, individual tutorials and progress reviews. Assessment will take place via:
- Written and practical assessments (mapped to Diploma and NVQ Diploma competence levels)
- A synoptic practical challenge
- The GOLA on-line mulitiple-choice assessment test.