- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
BUILDUK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on BUILDUK sites.
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 5 days - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
You must attend the full 37.5 hours of training in order to get the Site Safety Plus certificate. If you can’t attend the full course, you'll need to enrol and take the course again. You may be charged extra to cover the costs of switching courses.
You need to renew this certficate every five years before it expires by attending the SMSTS Refresher course. Otherwise, you'll need to take the full SMSTS course again.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
- Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit citb.co.uk/grant