This course is for those on site with responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works. It is designed to give confidence to senior management and those who engage with contractors, that candidates have reached an assessed standard of knowledge.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Understanding the need for, and the duties of, a TWC
- Understanding the roles of others
- Understanding BS5975, the code of best practice for temporary structures on building sites
- Statutory aspects of temporary works
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Management of the temporary works process.
CITB would strongly recommend any company or individual who holds the position of a TWC should have access to the BS 5975, this will also help them revise for the Site Safety Plus end test.
Candidates must have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works and a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have any concerns in this area, please call us on 0344 994 4433.
CITB Cskills Awards Site SafetyPlus certificate.