This course is supported by a video that covers all topics around the use of the equipment. The video can be used by anyone who has or hasn’t completed the training to raise awareness across the industry. This video can be accessed by following this YouTube Video.
This is a half day course and is a mixture of classroom learning and practical delivery. Registration is £25 per learner and certificates are valid for three years.
The course covers the following modules as stated in the Course Rules (455KB, PDF):
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hot start
- Machine checks
- Cutting brick/stone/concrete on the ground
- Fuel cap
- Cutting vertical cuts (optional)
- Reactive forces
- Cutting horizontal cuts (optional)
- Adjusting wheel guard
- Cutting metal
- Work site assessment
- Carrying the machine on site
- Transporting the machine in a vehicle
- Cold start.