Interior Systems: Suspended Ceiling Fixing and Partition Fixing
Complete an Interior Systems: Suspended Ceiling Fixing and Partition Fixing apprenticeship and you could earn between £16,000 - £36,000 a year
What is an Interior Systems: Suspended Ceiling Fixing and Partition Fixing apprenticeship?
This course aims to give apprentices a sound working knowledge of the construction skills you need to work with suspended ceiling fixing, relocatable partitioning and drylining fixing.
- You’ll learn how to put up ceilings and fit partitions to divide large areas into rooms, in commercial developments such as offices, shops and hospitals.
18 weeks in total, over two years
- Periods between college training are spent on site with your employer, developing work-based skills and knowledge.
You will be paid while you learn. If you have not made an application, visit www.bconstructive.co.uk to make sure you are eligible for funding.
NCC East and NCC Scotland
Please call 0300 456 5037 for course dates and more information as we need to confirm some details of the apprenticeship with you.
On an Interior Systems: Suspended Ceiling Fixing and Partition Fixing apprenticeship you’ll gain all the skills and knowledge you need to work in the interior systems industry and achieve a Construction Diploma, including practical training in:
- Hand and power tools
- Interpreting information
- Principles of setting out
- Suspended ceiling systems
- Cavity barriers
- Demountable partitions
- Drylining partition systems
- Drylinings and encasements
- Drylining finishing
- Raised access flooring.
You’ll also achieve competence in:
- Employment responsibilities and rights
- Health and safety
- Drug and alcohol awareness
- Mobile towers
- Fire fighting
- Safe use of ladders
- Manual handling
- First aid and theory.
You’ll need to complete a Skills Learning exercise and may need to attend the college for further tests.
- Good numeracy skills are necessary as you’ll be calculating surface areas and volumes.
- Physical fitness
- A head for heights
- The ability to follow instructions accurately
Assessment and exams
Classroom-based theory and workshop-based practicals. You’ll have individual tutorials and progress reviews and will be assessed via:
- Written and practical assessments (mapped to Diploma and NVQ Diploma competence levels)
- Site visits (via an assessor)
- A synoptic practical test
- An assessment (delivered via a test at the end of each unit)
- The GOLA on-line multiple-choice assessment test.
On completion of the Interior Systems: Suspended Ceiling Fixing and Partition Fixing apprenticeship, you’ll have these qualifications/certification:
- 3 Level 2 Construction Diploma in Interior Systems (Ceiling Fixing/Relocatable Partitions)
- 3 Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Interior Systems (Ceiling Fixing/Relocatable Partitions)
- 3 Level 1 Functional Skills
- 3 Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- 3 Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Earn while you learn
Research shows that apprentices earn, on average, over £100,000 more throughout their lifetime than other employees.
While training in Interior Systems: Suspended Ceiling Fixing and Partition Fixing, you’ll gain invaluable knowledge and experience as well as academic qualifications.
Building on your skills
- You could work in design, finance, sales and management within the interior systems sector.
Build Your Career
Build your career with help from the National Construction College (NCC), Europe’s largest provider of construction training courses, and join the UK’s highly skilled professional workforce.
NCC courses deliver high-quality, specialist training, with CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) accreditation. This ensures you’ll have the right skills, in the right place, at the right time.