Excavator 180˚ Wheeled CPCS Code A12
This course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining 180˚ wheeled excavators safely and productively
What is the Excavator 180˚ Wheeled CPCS Code A12 course?
- No previous formal training is necessary
- Learn via classroom-based tutorials and practicals
- Work towards a Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Red Trained Operator card
You will gain the skills and knowledge to enable you to:
- Operate the 180˚ wheeled excavator safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
This course is suitable for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those wishing to refresh their skills.
Assessment and exams
Assessment will involve both theory and practical tests.
CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
Building your skills
Further training includes the Level 2 NVQ, which leads to a:
NCC Course Programme 2014
Build Your Career
Build your career with help from the National Construction College (NCC), Europe’s largest provider of construction training courses, and join the UK’s highly skilled professional workforce.
NCC courses deliver high-quality, specialist training, with CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) accreditation. This ensures you’ll have the right skills, in the right place, at the right time.
With courses to suit all levels, the National Construction College offers a one-stop shop for Plant Operations training and testing, to enable you to achieve your CPCS card and work in your chosen field.
We are the biggest training plant provider in the UK, with a £10 million plant fleet that spans over 220 acres. Although we’re a big operation, our trainer-operative ratio is small: we have a maximum of four operatives per trainer (eight for appointed persons) to ensure you get the attention you need. Go on: think big. Get trained