Course: Excavator 180˚ Wheeled
CPCS Code A12 - Above 5 Tonnes
CPCS Code A10 - Below 5 Tonnes
This course is for anyone who requires training in operating a 180° wheeled excavator.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to operate and maintain a 180° wheeled excavator safely.
- The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
- Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
It is suitable for those who have not received any formal instruction or for those who want to refresh their skills. If you wish to refresh your skills, we offer a short duration course.
- Operate the 180° wheeled excavator
- safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
9 days (8 days of training and 1 day of technical tests)
Short duration course for operators with previous experience:
3 days (2 days of training and 1 day of technical tests)
Cost to be notified
Location: Venues throughout the UK
Grant available for eligible employers:
- £50 per day for training days only
- £410 for successful completion of the Practical Test
- £60 for successful completion of the Theory Test
Visit citb.co.uk/grant for further information
Before taking the course you must:
- Have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
- CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
After successfully completing the course you may also want to consider: