The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
• Operate the 180° wheeled excavator
safely and productively
• Fit and operate ancillary equipment
• Site the machine safely and efficiently
• Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
• Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
• Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
• Follow all necessary safety precautions
• Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
• Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
• Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
Duration: 5 days (4 days of training and 1 day of technical tests)
Short duration course for operators with previous experience: 3 days (2 days of training and 1 day of technical tests) Cost to be notified
Location: Venues throughout the UK
Grant available for eligible employers
- £50 per day for training days only
- £240 for successful completion of the Practical Test
- £60 for successful completion of the Theory Test
Visit citb.co.uk/grant for further information
Before taking the course you must:
- Have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
- CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
After successfully completing the course you may also want to consider: