Telescopic Handler CPCS Code A17 (endorsement C: all sizes excluding 360˚ slew)
This Course is suitable if you have received no formal Instruction. If you already have experience operating a Telescopic Handler we offer a short duration course to enable you to refresh and update your skills.
On successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests, you will be eligible to apply for a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card. You will also receive a CITB National Construction College certificate.
This course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining telescopic handlers through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical instruction.
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials
- Understand the basic construction of pallets
5 days (4 days of training, 1 day of technical tests)
3 days (2 days of training, 1 day of technical tests)
Grant available for eligible employers
- £50 per day for training days only
- £240 for successful completion of the Practical Test
- £60 for successful completion of the Theory Test
Visit citb.co.uk/grant for further information
Venues through the UK, please call for details.
Code A17D is available at NCC East -call 0344 994 4433 for more details
You must have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
CITB National Construction College certificate.