Tower Crane CPCS Code A04
(CPCS Code A04 Endorsement A: Trolley Jib; B: Luffing Jib.)
This course will train you to operate and maintain tower cranes safely
What is the Tower Crane CPCS Code A04 course?
• No previous formal training is necessary.
• Learn via classroom-based tutorials and practicals.
• Work towards a Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Red Trained Operator card.
The Tower Crane CPCS Code A04 course will train you to:
- Operate the tower crane safely and productively
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
- Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out-of-service procedure
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights effectively
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
This course is suitable for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those wishing to refresh their skills.
A head for heights (before booking the course, you can climb one of the NCC’s cranes; call 0344 994 4433 for details).
Assessment and exams
Assessment will involve both theory and practical tests.
CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).