What is the Scaffolding Part 1: Tube and Fitting or System Scaffold course?
This course teaches and reinforces the core skills of scaffolding, including how to safely erect, alter and dismantle basic structures.
- Improve your knowledge of scaffolding and using tube and fitting or system scaffold.
- Learn via classroom-based theory, computer-based training and practicals.
- Advance your career in the scaffolding industry.
The following System Scaffold categories are available for this course:
The Scaffolding Part 1: Tube and Fitting or System Scaffold course will train you to:
- Safely and correctly erect independent and putlog scaffolds with returns, towers and birdcage scaffolds, in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffolds and work methods to be adopted
- Determine the material requirements for independents and putlog with returns, towers, and birdcage scaffolds in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Lay out materials, set out the scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect the scaffold safely
- Ensure that scaffolds are constructed to statutory regulations following the safe systems of work set out in Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Interpret simple drawings
- Understand the basics of tie testing
- Make alterations to scaffolds (eg dropping lift height on independent).
As of 1st September 2015 it will be a scheme requirement that anyone wishing to attend a CISRS Part 1 Scaffolding Training course must have held a valid CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card for a minimum of six months.
- A head for heights
Assessment and exams
Assessment involves written and practical tests.
- CISRS Scaffolding Part 1 certificate.