Scaffolding Part 1: Tube and Fitting or System Scaffold
Sign up for this Scaffolding Part 1: Tube and Fitting or System Scaffold course and you could earn from around £17,000 - £26,000 per year
What is the Scaffolding Part 1: Tube and Fitting or System Scaffold course?
This course teaches and reinforces the core skills of scaffolding, including how to safely erect, alter and dismantle basic structures.
- Improve your knowledge of scaffolding and using tube and fitting or system scaffold.
- Learn via classroom-based theory, computer-based training and practicals.
- Advance your career in the scaffolding industry.
The following System Scaffold categories are available for this course:
The Scaffolding Part 1: Tube and Fitting or System Scaffold course will train you to:
- Safely and correctly erect independent and putlog scaffolds with returns, towers and birdcage scaffolds, in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffolds and work methods to be adopted
- Determine the material requirements for independents and putlog with returns, towers, and birdcage scaffolds in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Lay out materials, set out the scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect the scaffold safely
- Ensure that scaffolds are constructed to statutory regulations following the safe systems of work set out in Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Interpret simple drawings
- Understand the basics of tie testing
- Make alterations to scaffolds (eg dropping lift height on independent).
You must have at least six months’ scaffolding experience.
- A head for heights
Assessment and exams
Assessment involves written and practical tests.
- CISRS Scaffolding Part 1 certificate.
Building on your skills
After six months’ site experience at Level 1 and successfully completing a portfolio, you can attend a Scaffolding Part 2 course before completing a Level 2 S/NVQ.
NCC Course Programme 2014
Build Your Career
Build your career with help from the National Construction College (NCC), Europe’s largest provider of construction training courses, and join the UK’s highly skilled professional workforce.
NCC courses deliver high-quality, specialist training, with CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) accreditation. This ensures you’ll have the right skills, in the right place, at the right time.
The only way is up once you’ve completed a National Construction College Scaffolding and Access course.
With two of the largest – and best – scaffolding training facilities in the UK, we offer a wide range of courses to suit everyone from trainees to advanced scaffolders.
Scale the heights and get your Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS) Scaffolding Card or certificate.