Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL) Training and Assessment
This course is for people working in the Tunnelling Industry who require a comprehensive grounding in in Sprayed Concrete techniques.
The course is designed to refresh your knowledge of Spray Concrete Lining in preparation for being assessed on site to gain a full NVQ/SVQ.
You’ll be trained in all elements of SCL through a combination of classroom based theory and practical training. This includes the use of 3D simulators.
- Work with sprayed concrete substrates
- Carry out pre-operation equipmentchecks
- Understand shotcrete tolerances for SCL
- Use sprayed concrete
- Test sprayed concrete
- Clean SCL equipment
- Understand all signal systems, including traffic lights and/or replacement hand signals.
Arranged on an individual basis
Venues throughout the UK
Dependent on the duration of the course
Grants available for eligible employers:
- £50 per day for training days only
Visit citb.co.uk/grant for further information
- You must have experience of applying Sprayed Concrete Lining and hold a current CSCS card.
Assessment and exams:
Assessment for the NVQ/SVQ can be done via the On Site Assessment Service.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded the EFNARC P – Provisional Licence.
You may also want to consider: