CITB aims to lead on the development of best practice and to be seen by the construction industry as leading on sustainability to improve our environment and communities.
CITB is dedicated to ensuring the UK construction workforce has the right skills for now and the future. CITB believes sustainability should be at the core of its business activities and will develop its strategies, policies and processes to create added value and have a positive impact on the economy, environment and society, committing to responsible behaviour and corporate transparency.
CITB supports the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and is focused on where it can have the greatest positive influence throughout its internal operations, namely on:
- SDG 3 – Good health and wellbeing
- SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth
- SDG 10 – Reduced inequalities
- SDG 12 – Responsible consumption and production
- SDG 13 – Climate action.
CITB’s five sustainability goals (as set out in its Sustainability Strategy April 2019 – March 2022) are:
- To provide a safe and happy place of work for its staff and visitors
- To ttract and support staff with the right skills for the right job
- For every staff member to have an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives and talents
- To procure sustainably and responsibly and invest ethically
- To protect the environment whilst delivering its business activities, and reduce it carbon footprint.
Each goal has a set of objectives and an annual action plan will be put in place and monitored by the Corporate Responsibility Leadership Group on a quarterly basis. At the end of the year, a progress report will be given to the Executive Team.
This policy applies to all CITB staff and anyone working on behalf of CITB and made available to the public, stakeholders and any other interested parties.
The Policy will be reviewed biennially by the Corporate Responsibility Leadership Group and
approved by the Corporate Performance Director.
Version 1.0 Issued January 2020
Approved by Corporate Responsibility Leadership Group