The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations - Painter qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practises in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
The Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations qualification also has one associated pathway which you might be interested in viewing:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations - Industrial Painter
Within this occupational area we offer other qualifications with a similar name:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing - Painting and Decorating - Decorative Finishing
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Heritage Skills - Decorative Occupations
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Senior Crafts – Painting and Decorating
These NVQ qualifications request the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
- Entry Level 3 Award in Painting
- Level 1 Award in Painting and Decorating
- Level 1 Certificate in Painting and Decorating
- Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Level 3 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
These qualifications have been developed for delivery in a training environment; this means that you do not need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can work in a particular area in the construction industry or progress to further training.
This qualification and the units which form it have been designed to sit within the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) which is regulated by Ofqual. The QCF is a framework designed to support a demand-led approach to skills based on the building up and transfer of credit awarded for learning in a flexible, responsive and inclusive manner.
This qualification is supported by federation PDA. For more information about PDA please refer to the supporting document within the toolbox below.
If you need to obtain a CSCS/CPCS card, or simply want to be recognised in your area of expertise by gaining a qualification, this qualification is for you.