The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Site Carpentry qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Wood Occupations - Site Carpentry within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This level 2 Diploma will give you the underpinning knowledge, skills and understanding required to progress onto the level 3 Wood Occupations
The level 2 Certificate will give you a solid foundation in Wood Occupations and prepare you to take further qualifications to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding within Wood Occupations
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in three of the following optional units:
- Installing First Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Installing Second Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace
- Maintaining Non-structural Carpentry Work in the Workplace
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace
The Diploma in Wood Occupations qualification also has five associated pathways which you might be interested in viewing:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Timber Frame Erection
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Architectural Joinery
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Timber Decks and Cladding
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Structural Post and Beam Carpentry
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Light Structural Timber Framing
Within this occupational area we offer other qualifications with a similar name:
- Level 1 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Wood Occupations
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments - Wood Preserving and Damp-proofing
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Heritage Skills - Wood Occupations
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations
These NVQ qualifications request the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
- Entry Level 3 Award in Carpentry and Joinery
- Level 1 Award in Carpentry and Joinery
- Level 1 Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery
- Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
- Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Level 3 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Level 3 Diploma in Woodmachining
These qualifications have been developed for delivery in a training environment; this means that you do not need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can work in a particular area in the construction industry or progress to further training.
This qualification and the units which form it have been designed to sit within the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) which is regulated by Ofqual. The QCF is a framework designed to support a demand-led approach to skills based on the building up and transfer of credit awarded for learning in a flexible, responsive and inclusive manner.
This qualification is supported by federation BWF. For more information about BWF please refer to the supporting document within the toolbox below.
If you need to obtain a CSCS/CPCS card, or simply want to be recognised in your area of expertise by gaining a qualification, this qualification is for you.