To upgrade you need to:
- hold a CPCS Provisional Tester Card which is within 12 months of expiry date
- hold a current Managing and Co-ordinating Plant certificate
- hold a valid in date First Aid certificate
- pass the Manager & Professionals (MAP) CITB health, safety and environment (HS&E) test
- achieve the appropriate role-based competence qualification.
- Completion of form F3/2 Application to Upgrade to a Full CPCS Tester Card (PDF, 3MB) with copies of required certificates and payment of £25. This is a non-refundable fee for the service of processing the application.
A Black Full Tester Card will be issued for five years. Further information on How to Upgrade your Tester card can be found in the Scheme Booklet for Testers.(PDF, 890KB)
The CPCS Test Centre where you achieved the advanced practical test will provide you with a partically completed F3/1 Application form for a First CPCS Tester card or to add further categories. The CITB Quality Assurance Personnel present at the advanced practical test will sign the declaration.
This form, along with copies of relevant certificates should be sent to the mailing address on the reverse of the form. There is no need to attach payment as the cost of the application is included in the CPCS Advanced Technical Test notification fees.