CITB has sold the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) to NOCN Group.
The content of the CPCS Web pages within the CITB website is no longer being up-dated and is to be removed by 01/08/19
For up-to-date information on the CPCS please visit www.nocnjobcards.org
You can follow one of two routes, depending on when your card expired.
1) For a 12 month SVQ or NVQ extension, you must:
- Hold a CPCS Red Trained Operator card which is in date, or within 12 months from expiry
- Be registered for a SVQ or NVQ relevant to the category
once these elements have been achieved, call the CPCS Helpline on 0844 815 7274, confirm your details and make a payment of £25, you will be asked to provide proof of SVQ/NVQ registration by email or post. This is a non-refundable fee for the services of processing the application.
A new card will be issued for 12 months (from date of application) to enable the SVQ/NVQ to be achieved. Once the VQ has been achieved, you will be able to apply to Upgrade to a Blue Competent Operator card
2) For an Additional 2 Year card, you must:
- Hold an expired trained operator card by more than 12 months
- Hold a valid CITB health, safety and environment test
- Achieve the CPCS theory test (within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- Achieve the CPCS practical test (within six months of the CPCS theory test and within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- Both CPCS theory and practical tests are delivered by an accredited CPCS test centre. (Find a CPCS Test Centre)
- be registered for the SVQ or NVQ.
Once all these elements have been achieved, the CPCS test centre will request the CPCS Additional 2 year Red Trained Operator card on your behalf.