Braintree - apprenticeship vacancies
Ideally, you have good practical skills and enjoy working on your own, as well as part of a team. However, no previous experience is necessary, as full training will be provided. You must be committed to regularly attend college.
Trade apprenticeship available
- 10 apprentice vacancies in groundwork, plant operations and plant maintenance
- MDS Civil Engineering
About the apprenticeship
General construction operatives have a wide range of skills and are needed right across a building site, so it’s no surprise they are in demand. They work alongside skilled tradespeople, helping to build everything from a new home to a motorway flyover.
Operatives are involved in projects from start to finish and follow all the safety procedures in place to prevent anyone being hurt or injured.
Typical duties include:
- Mixing and pouring concrete to make foundations, beams or floors
- Mark out the area for the site using string lines strung between stakes, and put up huts, ladders, barriers and safety signs
- Laying drainage pipes, pavements and manhole covers
- Operating hand machinery such as drills, pumps and compressors.
During the apprenticeship you will learn all aspects of the job over a 2-3 year period; you must be committed to working towards NVQ Level 2 in General construction operations – plant operation or plant maintenance.
For more information, or if you have any questions please call Ian on 0791 917 5576
To apply email your cv to Ian.email@example.com
Closing date is: 30 November 2016
Benefits of an apprenticeship
- Develop skills that will last throughout your construction career
- Quality training you will learn on the job with industry experts
- Gain qualifications which will help you build for the future.
Many of UK's construction companies are run today by people who started as an apprentice.