You can only apply for the card after your Record of Category Experience (RoE) has been approved.
To submit your application for a black Full Tester Card, you need to:
- hold a Managing and Co-ordinating Plant (MCP) 5 day certificate
- hold a valid and up-to-date first aid certificate
- have passed the managers and professionals (MAP) version of the CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test
- have passed the CPCS Advanced theory test no more than two years after you passed the MAP version of the HS&E test
- have passed the CPCS Advanced practical test no more than six months after passing the CPCS Advanced theory test
- attend and passed the CPCS Tester Course*
- have achieved the relevant role-based competence qualification.
* The CPCS Tester Course is delivered by the National Construction College (NCC) on behalf of CPCS.
If you haven't fully achieved the necessary role-based competence for those plant categories, you will be issued a Provisional Tester Card which is valid for two years. You are expected to upgrade to a black Full Tester Card after this time.