CITB has developed this standard in discussion with industry.
Minimum 2 days of 6 learning hours per day
Purpose / Scope
This standard is about hanging specialised wallcoverings to surfaces. Interpreting information, selecting and using materials, components, tools and equipment in commercial and/or non-commercial situations.
The scope covers:
- interpreting information
- adopting safe and healthy working practices
- selecting and preparing materials and associated equipment
- providing protection to the work area
- hanging specialised wallcoverings to surfaces.
Training delivered against this standard would be relevant to the following occupational groups:
- Operative and craft
There are no candidate pre-requisites as part of this standard. However, a basic knowledge of wallpapering and techniques would be beneficial.
Instruction / Supervision
As a minimum, course instructors must be able to demonstrate that in relation to this standard they have:
- A train the trainer or instructional techniques course certificate
- Successfully completed training to this standard
- At least 2 years relevant industrial experience
Delivery may be in an on or off the job environment.
All materials and equipment should be of suitable quality and quantity for candidates to achieve learning outcomes and must comply with relevant legislation.
The class size and candidate/instructor ratio must allow training to be delivered in a safe manner and enable candidates to achieve the learning outcomes.
The following delivery methods may/may not be used in the delivery of this standard:
This standard is considered to contain 51 per cent or more practical learning.
For the successful completion of training, the trainer must be satisfied that the candidate has achieved all of the learning outcomes.
Approved training organisations (ATOs) will be required to present information on records of training and assessment upon request to CITB for desk-based analysis. They will also be visited annually by the CITB quality assurance team.
Renewal / refresher
Non mandatory refresher every 5 years
Either on request or in 3 year(s) from approval date.
The candidate will be able to:
- Adopt safe and healthy work practices, procedures and skills relating to the method/area of work
- Use methods of calculating quantity, length, area and wastage associate with the method/procedure to hang non-standard wallcoverings
- Check suitability of surfaces to receive wallpaper.
- Preparation of pastes and adhesives.
- Protect specialised wallcoverings when handling
- Prepare and apply specialised paper wallcoverings, any 3 of the following eg silk/wool strand, flock. Hessian, lincrusta, hand print.
- Work around electrical fittings and pipework.
- Safe use of access equipment, hand tools and associated equipment
Additional information about this standard
Contact trade organisations for more information:
This standard is covered by National Occupational Standard COSVR336