Levy-registered employers can claim CITB grants for approved short duration courses (training that lasts from a minimum of 3 hours to maximum 29 days).
We have a transition claiming process in place for grant payments from 3 April 2018. This gives us a way to ensure we can operate the grants scheme while we bed the new systems in. It will stay in place until such a time as we are convinced that everything is in place and working.
How to claim with Grants Online
From 1 April 2018, if you are using a training provider who hasn't yet completed the CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO) approvals process, you must make your grant claim via Grants Online. You can only claim for achievements gained since 1 April 2018.
If your learner has achieved a CPCS test or a Site Safety Plus course, or you are using an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) within the new Grants Scheme from 1 April 2018, you do not need to make a claim for a short duration course achievement grant. We will make automatic payment, if eligible, via Bacs using the data provided when you book the course.
If you choose to complete an individual grant claim:
- Click on the Short duration individual grant claim button.
- Enter the learner details as requested on the form.
- If the learner doesn’t exist on our database, you will need to create a new learner profile.
- In the learner profile complete details of the claim (* denotes a mandatory field).
- Submit the form.
- You will be paid the relevant amount via Bacs.
Watch our video about making an individual grant claim below
If you choose to make a bulk claim:
- Our system has a bulk upload function. This means you can quickly and easily export data in your system into the short duration grant claim form.
- Click on the short duration bulk grant claim button and follow the instructions in the grant portal.
Watch our video about making bulk claims below