Grant code: A25
You can claim this grant when your employees gain an approved technical or professional qualification in a subject related to construction. You need to claim this grant by 31 March 2018 however the employees can complete the qualification after this date.
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2017.
The grant supports qualifications for your:
- employees paid through PAYE
The grant is not available to support:
How much you can get
You can can claim for maximum of four qualifications per person in a lifetime.
What the grant supports
Approved technical, professional and management qualifications, which your employees gain in the 2017/18 grant scheme year. The qualification must:
- be gained through part-time or day-release study
- be approved by CITB.
Examples of approved qualifications:
- BTEC level 3 and above
- SQA National Certificate and Diploma
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) and Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Foundation degrees, bachelor degrees (eg BSc), postgraduate certificates and diplomas, and master’s degrees (eg MSc)
- ILM level 3 Certificate for the Construction and Built Environment Sector
- C-ILM Construction Leadership and Management Skills.
Check our full list of approved qualifications and training. If your qualification is not shown here, you can call our grants team on 0344 994 4455 to check if it's covered.
The grant does not support:
- National or Scottish Vocational Qualification (NVQ and SVQ). For these courses, see Vocational Qualification grant
- Qualifications gained through attending a course full-time
- Bridge courses, first certificates or professional bodies courses
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
- IOSH and NEBOSH
How to claim
The deadline for submitting your claim is 30 June 2018.
For training taking place between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018, download and complete a single grant claim form as a PDF (199KB) or a multiple grant claim form in Excel (159KB) and submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2018 or you claim will be rejected.
Send a a copy of your employee’s qualification certificate with the claim form. If you don’t have a copy of the certificate at the time you claim, submit your claim anyway and we’ll contact you for it at a later stage.
Have you sent us your bank details?
Do we have your bank details so that we can pay out on your grant claim?
Grants are only paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments.
Terms and conditions
The Grant Scheme terms and conditions answer more questions about who can or can’t claim, and how our grants scheme works.
Before you apply, make sure you've read and understood the terms and conditions.
Have you signed up to CITB Grants Online?
By signing up to CITB online you can:
- see your grant statement
- request a grant report
- authorise grant claims
Already have an account? You can log in now.