The Construction Industry Training Board otherwise known as CITB is a charity registered in England and Wales (Charity Number 264289) and in Scotland (Charity Number (SC044875) with its principal place of business at Bircham Newton, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE31 6RH
CITB ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy does not cover links within this website to websites that are not maintained by CITB.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards, chat facilities or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site.
If you give us any information about another person, you hereby confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data.
Using your information
We may use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- for the provisions of a Health and Safety test, operation of competency card schemes and for all other purposes connected with our role as a Sector Skills Council and Industrial Training Board;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosing your information
Your personal data is information which identifies and relates to you including your contact details and photographic image and includes information we obtain directly from you or from third parties.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties where this is necessary for operational purposes in order to facilitate the provision of the websites or where required to do so by law.
If you are a student or apprentice, we may also disclose your examination achievements in Newspapers and other media. If you do not wish us to do this please contact 0344 994 4333 or email@example.com.
Industrial Training Act 1982
Any information provided to us in pursuance of submission of a levy return or other information requested in accordance with the Industrial Training Act 1982 or consequent statutory instruments will only be disclosed in accordance with the provisions of relevant statute or otherwise where your express consent is given.
Protecting your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, keep it to yourself. Transmission of data via the Internet is not entirely secure. We will try to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee its security; transmission is at your own risk.
Other websites you access through links on our websites will have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
You have a right to request a copy of any personal data we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request for which we may charge a fee of up to £10. This right is governed by the Data Protection Act.
Any request must be made in writing and include the following information:
- full name – including any previous/other names used
- date of birth
- full address
- telephone number
- any unique registration or ID numbers used with the organisation
As required under the Data Protection Act we will respond to any subject access requests within 40 calendar days.
Please address your subject access request to:
When you visit these Sites we issue a 'Cookie' to your computer.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. They help us speed things up for you when you come back. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie you can still use the Sites but functionality will be restricted. If you’d like to find out more about the cookies we use, what we use them for and how to disable cookies please see “about cookies”. Alternatively the Interactive Advertising Bureau has produced a guide (see http://www.aboutcookies.org/ ) which explains to users how cookies work and can be managed.