BEST (Built Environment Sustainability Training Project)
BEST is funded via the Welsh European Funding Office from April 2012, under the European Social Fund. Cardiff University’s Welsh School of Architecture is the lead sponsor and will work in collaboration with: Asset Skills, Constructing Excellence Wales, Construction Skills, the Energy Saving Trust, Proskills, and Summit Skills.
BEST seeks to unite a range of key stakeholders with responsibilities for the skills of the energy, waste, water and built environment sectors to create a 10-year strategy and training delivery roadmap which will better equip businesses, employees and training providers in Wales through the provision of new (procured) training courses funded through BEST.
For more information on this project, visit the purpose-built website BEST
Consultations, Surveys and Research run in Wales
Become involved and benefit from contributing to the latest projects by following the links to specific items below. This page is regularly updated so please continue to check what is current to ensure that you can access the opportunities available.
Additional information regarding Consultation, Surveys and Research is available on our main CITB website and Industry research
There are currently no live consultations being undertaken by CITB in Wales. This section is regularly updated, however. Please, return soon to view developments.
There are currently no live surveys being undertaken by CITB in Wales. This section is regularly updated, however. Please, return soon to view developments.
- Review of Qualifications for 14-19 year olds in Wales
- The Enterprise and Business Committee’s Inquiry into Apprenticeships in Wales
- The Children and Young People Committee on the Implementation of the Learning and Skills (Wales) Measure 2009
- The Procurement Task and Finish Group Inquiry into Influencing the Modernisation of European Procurement Policy
- CITB Cymru Wales Response to Welsh Government Apprenticeship Consultation
CITB Apprenticeship Consultation Response Summary (PDF, 150KB)
- Report by the Cross-Party Group on Construction: The Impact of Procurement Policy in Wales - a Summary of Consultation Responses. This report was compiled by the group secretariat, CITB Cymru Wales with support from the Chair of the Cross-Party Group on Construction, Joyce Watson AM.
The Impact of Procurement Policy in Wales - a Summary of Consultation Responses (PDF. 616KB)
External Consultation, Surveys and Research
The links below relate to Consultations, Surveys or Research projects relevant to the construction industry in Wales which are being undertaken by external organizations.
Welsh Liberal Democrats Education Forum Consultation Paper (PDF, 312 KB)
Included below are several links to CITB in Wales responses and briefing papers relating to recent Consultations, Surveys and Research