The course will enable you to gain all the skills and knowledge you need to work in this area of the construction industry and achieve a Construction Diploma. You could work on a construction site, or in commercial developments such as offices, schools and hospitals.
Teaching and assessment
This programme is 18-24 months including five 3-week blocks for off the job training.
Qualifications you gain
- Level 2 Construction Diploma in Drylining
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Interior Systems: Drylining
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- You may also gain value-added qualifications in first aid and health and safety, along with other industry-specific subjects
No formal requirements, but it’s useful to have GCSE grades A*-C in English/Welsh, maths. Good numeracy skills are essential as you’ll be calculating surface areas and volumes
- Physical fitness
- Practical skills
- The ability to read and understand plans and diagrams.
You will be paid while you learn.
The following CITB grants are available for employers to fund their apprentices on this course:
If you applied for your aprenticeship through the Skills Funding Agency, only applicants aged between 16 and18 who have not been placed on a training scheme before are guaranteed full funding.
How to apply
Call 0300 456 5037 for course dates and how to apply.
After this course
You can be assessed for higher NVQs at the National Construction College. We provide details to all trainees.