This course is recognised by BuildUK for all directors working on BuildUK sites.
- Moral and human costs and the implications of decisions made in the boardroom
- The economic implications of an unsafe working environment
- Legal responsibilities with regards to health and safety
- The principles and importance of the risk assessment process
- Acquiring competent health and safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment
- The basic tools of introducing a proactive health and safety culture
The course also includes publications, registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Renewable five-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID such as your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements, you are not eligible for the course and your booking will therefore be cancelled.
- By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our terms and conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
Scotland, North West England, North East England, Yorkshire and Humber
0300 456 7908
London, the South East, South Central, South West England
0300 456 7856
East & West Midlands, East Anglia, Wales
0300 456 7766
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.