Abrasive Wheels: Disc Mounting legal and practical training
Cost: £180 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This one day course is for those operatives who will be operating abrasive wheel cutting equipment as part of their job.
It covers the legal and practical requirements for use of abrasive wheel cutting equipment.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a CITB National Construction College certificate of competence in the use of abrasive wheel cutting equipment.
This one-day course covers everything from legislation on disc mounting, selecting and fitting PPE, operating the machine and re-fuelling through to safe transportation.
- Relevant regulations
- Different types of wheels and discs and their functions
- Approved methods of inspecting and storing equipment.
Teaching and assessment
- Practical hands-on classroom sessions and tutorials.
Qualifications you get
- National Construction College certificate
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please see our grant pages.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
You might also like
This course is a combination of two half-day courses: