Director's Role for Health and Safety: Site Safety Plus
Cost: From £165 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Locations: Various UK-wide
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Course Code: DRHS1
This 1-day Site Safety Plus course is designed for company directors.
You will explore the risks associated with non-compliance with health and safety legislation, and consider how boardroom decisions impact on the health and safety of your workforce.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
This course is recognised by Build UK for all directors working on Build UK sites.
- Moral and human costs and the implications of decisions made in the boardroom
- The economic implications of an unsafe working environment
- Legal responsibilities with regards to health and safety
- The principles and importance of the risk assessment process
- Acquiring competent health and safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment
- The basic tools of introducing a proactive health and safety culture.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- You will need to attend all eight hours - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Renewable five-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course. We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose. To book call your local NCC contact:
Scotland, North West England, North East England, Yorkshire and Humber
0300 456 7908
London, the South East, South Central, South West England
0300 456 7856
East & West Midlands, East Anglia, Wales
0300 456 7766
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- A valid form of ID such as your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID
- If you do not meet the entry requirements, you are not eligible for the course and your booking will therefore be cancelled.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please see our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.