The course is comprised of two mandatory units, which include the following:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Leadership and management
- Safety, health, environment and quality management
- Planning and monitoring work
- Allocating work to team members
- Improving team performance.
The course also includes registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
The mandatory award units are taught through 4 full-day classroom-based workshops.
Assesment is through assignments in the form of short answer questions. The assignments help you to apply what you have learnt in class to your role, making the training more relevant.
- You complete the assignments in your own time outside of the course.
- You must successfully complete the assignments to meet the ILM requirements.
You will need to use a computer to produce and submit your assignment. If possible, please bring a laptop with you to the course as this will help you to complete your assignments.
Qualifications you gain
- ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management Practice for the Construction and Built Environment Sector.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages