On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
- Issues facing apprentices
- Ways to improve apprentice retention
- The role of support services
The course covers:
- Issues and concerns of apprentices
- Your role and responsibilities
- Mentoring and coaching
- Motivation and morale
- Dealing with problems and issues
- The role of the WBR (work-based recorder), NVQ structure and terminology
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
How to book
Group bookings only. For public courses please see "CDM 2015 for Duty Holders and Responsibilities".
This course is available for delivery in-house for a minimum of 6 and maximum 12 attendees.
We can deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue arranged by you.
To book call your local NCC contact:
South West England, North West England, Scotland and Wales
0300 456 7766
London, the South East and South Central England
0300 456 7856
Yorkshire and Humber, the Midlands, East and North East England
0300 456 7908