Business Improvement in Construction: Finance, Costing and Pricing
Cost, location & dates:
Variable. See How to book below
Duration: 1 day
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is intended for owners and senior managers of small and medium businesses who wish to improve their skills and understanding of the financial aspects of their business.
It has never been more important for business owners and senior managers to understand good financial management of the construction process, from tendering right through to managing costs and agreeing the final account. In today’s market, it is essential that construction businesses understand the process and have the controls in place in order to have a realistic chance of making a profit.
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work. See How to book below.
The course covers:
- Financial forecasting, cost measurement and management
- Reconciling cost and value
- Overhead costs and budgets
- Pricing strategies for recovering overheads
- Cash flow forecasting
- Getting paid for what you do
- Debt recovery
- Estimating and tendering techniques and processes.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through classroom-based tutorials and exercises.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
How to book
Group bookings only. For public courses please see "CDM 2015 for Duty Holders and Responsibilities"
This course is available for delivery in-house for a minimum of 6 and maximum 12 attendees.
We can deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue arranged by you.
To book call your local NCC contact:
South West England, North West England, Scotland and Wales
0300 456 7766
London, the South East and South Central England
0300 456 7856
Yorkshire and Humber, the Midlands, East and North East England
0300 456 7908