Business Improvement in Construction: Understanding the Market and Selling
Cost, location & dates:
Variable. See How to book below
Duration: 1 day
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is intended for owners and senior managers of small and medium businesses who wish to gain a greater understanding of the internal and external factors that affect the performance of their business.
A steady flow of work is essential for any business. This course helps you work towards achieving a steady work flow by improving your market position and by working through a plan to capitalise on it.
Not having a project or a job to go to when the current one finishes has huge implications for individuals and teams. This can have a negative impact on confidence, security, motivation, productivity and behaviour.
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work. See How to book below.
The course covers:
- Analysis of your business’s strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding your competition
- Identifying your market
- Understanding relevant sales legislation and contract law
- Sales strategies to grow your business
- Introducing a business development culture
- Customer service and managing client accounts
- Identifying service delivery processes.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through classroom-based tutorials and exercises.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
How to book
Group bookings only. For public courses please see "CDM 2015 for Duty Holders and Responsibilities"
This course is available for delivery in-house for a minimum of 6 and maximum 12 attendees.
We can deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue arranged by you.
To book call your local NCC contact:
South West England, North West England, Scotland and Wales
0300 456 7766
London, the South East and South Central England
0300 456 7856
Yorkshire and Humber, the Midlands, East and North East England
0300 456 7908