Construction ILM (C-ILM) Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management Practice
Cost: From £1,230 no VAT charged
Duration: 6 days over several months
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: CILM03
The C-ILM Level 3 Certificate is a nationally recognised leadership qualification for construction site managers and supervisors.
You will learn basic leadership and management skills to help you better lead your teams. You will identify the strengths and weaknesses of both yourself and your company and develop action plans to improve performance.
The course includes six days' tuition over several months.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
The course is comprised of four mandatory units, which include the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of a site supervisor or team leader
- Leadership and management
- Quality management
- Health and safety
- Planning work on site
- Putting team members to work
- Establishing an effective team
- Improving the performance of a team
- Reading and executing a short-term programme
- Managing resources, time and materials.
The course also includes registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
The mandatory award units are taught through 4 full-day classroom-based workshops.
A minimum of 2 additional units are taught through classroom tutorials.
Assessment is through assignments in the form of short answer questions. The assignments help you to apply what you have learnt in class to your role, making the training more relevant.
- You complete the assignments in your own time outside of the course
- You must successfully complete the assignments to meet the ILM requirements.
You will need to use a computer to produce and submit your assignment. If possible, please bring a laptop with you to the course as this will help you to complete your assignments.
Qualifications you get
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management Practice for the Construction and Built Environment Sector.
Mandatory entry requirements
We highly recommend that students already hold, or are working towards, one or more of the following qualifications. These meet the industry standard requirements to be able to work on site:
- CITB Health, safety and environment test
- CSCS Blue Card
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- White Yellow PQP Card
- Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Card
- You also need a good understanding of spoken and written English
- You will need to provide a valid form of ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.