Wastemaster Loading Shovel training (CPCS A21)
Cost: £950 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 days
Location: Derbyshire, Norfolk
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: DEW11TR
This course is for people with limited or no experience of using a JCB Wastemaster loading shovel. You will learn to operate the Wastemaster safely for use in the waste and recylcing industries.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
This course can only be booked by employers who have their own machinery which they can supply.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the machine correctly for waste and recycling applications
- Apply best practice
- Improve machine performance and output
- Understand how the attachments for waste and recycling work
- Observe legislation and regulations
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and operating procedures.
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days training - classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- National Construction College certificate
- JCB certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).