Cskills Awards qualifications are delivered by a network of centres and providers. To ensure all qualifications issued are safe and the assessment, training and verification is robust, our centres are quality assured by occupationally expert and qualified external quality advisors.
The quality advisor’s key role is to give you guidance, advice and support in relation to the course content and administration process. As an approved centre you can expect to receive monitoring visits that are scheduled by our unique planning tool. You will be notified in advance of your quality advisor visit. The focus is on the delivery of your training and assessments to constantly uphold and improve standards.
The Cskills Awards QCF Requirements for Approved Centres (385 KB, PDF) explains the various criteria your centre will need to meet.
To help you meet these requirements we have a range of guidance documents and policies available to download:
Sector Skills Council Consolidated Assessment Strategy (187KB, PDF)
Sector Skills Council Consolidated Assessment Strategy Annex A (184KB, PDF)
Sector Skills Council Consolidated Assessment Strategy Annex B (165KB, PDF)
Sector Skills Council Consolidated Assessment Strategy Annex C (86KB, PDF)
Proskills QCF Assessment Strategy
CFA Skills Management and Leadership Assessment Strategy (92 KB, PDF)
Centre Recognition policy (57KB, PDF)
Conflict of Interest policy (108KB, PDF)
Equality of Opportunity and Diversity and Reasonable Adjustment and Special Considerations policy
Invigilation policy for Training Qualifications (81KB, PDF)
Learner Transfer policy (QCF and NQF (52 KB, PDF)
Malpractice policy (100KB, PDF)
Malpractice Report Form (86KB, PDF)
Simulation Policy and Approval form
Simulation Exemplar Strategy
Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Fact Sheets
Record Keeping Factsheet (239KB, PDF)
Letters of support
As part of the Department of Educations' recent reform to vocational qualifications, we contacted federations who support some of our Level 2 and Level 3 training qualifications. Below you can see the letters from each federation, demonstrating that they fully support these qualifications.
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery (DIP072) - British Woodworking Association (211 KB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying (DIP061) - Brick Development Association (254 KB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (DIP064) - Painting and Decorating Association (1 MB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Plant Maintenance (DIP043) - Construction Plant Hire Association (227 KB, PDF) and Hire Association Europe (50 KB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Plastering - Solid (DIP067) - Federation of Plastering and Drywall Contractors (185 KB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Site Carpentry (DIP058) - British Woodworking Association (211 KB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Stonemasonry - Banker (DIP083) - The Stone Federation Great Britain (139 KB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Award in Understanding Repair and Maintenance of Traditional pre-1919 Buildings (AWD052) - National Heritage Training Group (216 KB, PDF)
- Cskills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Wall and Floor Tiling (DIP038) - The Tile Association (66 KB, PDF)