It is the preferred scaffolding qualification of all the major organisations including:
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme)
- NASC (National Access and Scaffolding Confederation)
- HSE (Health and Safety Executive)
- Trade Unions
- Build UK (merger of National Specialist Contractor's Council NSCC and UK Contractors Group UKCG)
CISRS was the first trade card to affiliate to CSCS in August 1999 and is the industry recognised registration scheme for the whole of construction.
In April 2001, CISRS introduced a card renewal programme which requires its cardholders to update their card on a regular basis (usually five years) after completing an up to date Health, Safety and Environment test.
CITB issues record cards to operatives who have:
- Completed the required training
- Gained appropriate experience
- Achieved the relevant NVQ/SVQ
- Undertaken a CISRS Skills assessment