Basic Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS)
New TG20:13 guidelines has meant that CISRS have changed this course from two to three days.
What is the Basic Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) course?
This CISRS-accredited course will develop your understanding of scaffolding components, forms of construction and the inspection procedures for basic TG20:13 compliant scaffolds.
• Complies with latest legislation and Codes of Practice.
• Learn via classroom-based theory and practical inspections.
• Suitable for site supervisors and managers.
• Advance your career in the scaffolding industry.
The SITS is intended for site supervisors and managers who have experience and understanding of scaffolding. Your role will involve inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use and completing reports in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
• You must either: be able to provide evidence of passing a CITB-ConstructionSkills Health, Safety and Environment test (previously the Health & Safety Test) within the last two years; or you must hold at least one of the following:
• Current CCNSG Passport to Safety
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate*
• Current Offshore Survival Certificate/Card
• FAS Safe Pass
*Taken within two years of application
• The SITS trainer will ask for evidence of your attendance at one of these courses. Failure to provide this will result in you being refused entry to the course. No refunds will be issued as a result of non-compliance.
- A head for heights
Assessment and exams
Assessment involves written and practical tests.
- CISRS Scaffold Inspection Training scheme certificate
- If you meet the health and safety scheme criteria, you can also apply for the SITS Inspection Card.
The Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) course will train you to carry out statutory inspections of basic structures. It covers:
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- Scaffolding terminology
- Tubes, boards and fittings
- Gin wheels and ropes
- Scaffold ties
- Construction regulations and recommendations of basic scaffolds to include:
• independent tied scaffold
• putlog scaffold
• birdcage scaffold
• static tower
• basic independent tied scaffold
• scaffolds with prefabricated beams
• protective fans, pavement gantry
• loading bay, roof saddle scaffold
• splay scaffold roof edge protection
8. Practical inspection