The CITB Grants Scheme provides funding for CITB-registered employers to train, upskill and qualify their staff.
This ensures that the right skills are available to help the construction industry grow and that standards are maintained on site.
You can claim a grant once the training has been completed.
Who can claim a grant?
All CITB-registered employers can claim a grant, including those that don’t need to pay levy.
What grants are available
View the grants available in the 2016/2017 Grants Scheme year. There are grants for a wide range of training and qualifications.
Grant claims can also be submitted for training completed and achievements awarded within the 2015/16 Grants Scheme year until 31 October 2016.
Which employees can you claim grants for
You can claim grants for the employees you declare on your Levy Return who have done training.
For training completed between 6 April 2015 to 31 July 2015, you can claim grants for:
- Labour-only subconstractors (LOSC) and
- Net CIS subcontractors.
For training completed from 1 August 2015 onwards, you can claim grants for:
When to claim
For training and qualifications completed between 1 August 2015 and 31 July 2016, we must receive your grant claim form by 31 October 2017.
For training and qualifications completed between 1 August 2015 and 31 July 2016, we must receive your grant claim form by 31 October 2016.
We cannot consider claims that we receive after this date.
How to claim
You need to complete your Levy Return by the deadline to be eligible to claim grants.
- Select the grant(s) you want to claim for.
- Download the appropriate grant claim form:
PDF (275KB): Grant claim form 2015/16
Excel (128KB): Grant claim form 2015/16
PDF (415KB): Grant claim form 2016/17
Excel (128KB): Grant claim form 2016/17
- Fill in the form. Complete a separate form for each training course or qualification you are claiming for.
- Keep a copy of each form for your records.
- Return the form(s) by email or post to the address below by 31 October. If you post the form, keep proof of postage.
Levy & Grant Customer Services
Norfolk, PE31 6RH
- You will receive a letter to confirm we have received your claim. The letter will tell you if your claim has been approved or you need to provide further information.
Once your claim is approved, we pay your grant by bank transfer or cheque, usually within 28 days.
For certain training courses, such as Construction Plant Competency Scheme (CPCS) and Site Safety Plus courses, we usually send you a prepopulated claim form so you do not need to download one.