Grant code: A09
You can claim this grant for your employees’ attendance on a technical, professional or management-level course in a subject related to construction. They need to complete the course between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017.
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2016.
The grant supports training for your:
- employees paid through PAYE.
It doesn’t support training subcontractors.
How much you can get
- £100 per person per day
This includes £50 grant and £50 enhanced funding for the 2016-17 grant scheme year.
- Plus an extra 10% if you pay the levy and meet certain deadlines. See supplementary payment.
You can claim for a maximum number of days, depending on the course. See Maximum number of training days below.
What the grant supports
Attendance on a technical, professional or management course in a subject related to construction in the 2016 to 2017 grant scheme year. The training must:
- take place off the job on a part-time or day-release basis
- be approved by CITB.
Download a list of approved training (PDF, 261KB). If your course is not shown here, you can call our grants team on 0344 9944455 to check if it’s covered.
Maximum number of training days:
Exactly how many training days you can claim for in each grant scheme year depends on the course.
You can claim for up to 35 days per person for:
- BTEC level 3 and above
- SQA National Certificate
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) and Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Foundation degrees, bachelor degrees (eg BSc), postgraduate certificates and diplomas, and master’s degrees (eg MSc)
- Some construction management qualifications (eg C-ILM and ILM)
You can claim for between one and 15 days per person for:
- NEBOSH: up to 15 days per person
- IOSH Managing Safely and IOSH Safety in construction: up to four days per person
- Other IOSH courses (except IOSH Working Safely): one day per person
The grant does not support:
- BTEC subsidiary diploma
- Evening, distance and e-learning course
- Operative-level training (eg IOSH Working Safely)
These courses are supported by our apprenticeship grants, training plan grant and short duration training grant.
How to claim
The deadline for submitting your claim is 31 October 2017.
- Download and read the grant details (PDF, 201 KB)
- Download the grant claim form (PDF, 125 KB)
- Email your completed claim form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
For the qualification your trainee gains at the end of the course, see Technical and professional grant: achievement.