Grant codes: A31 to A33
You can claim this grant when your employee gains an approved National or Scottish Vocational Qualification (NVQ or SVQ) at level 2 or above. They must gain the qualification between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017.
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2016.
The grant supports qualifications gained by your:
- employees paid through PAYE
- CIS subcontractors who you deduct CIS tax from, depending on the course they followed to gain their NVQ or SVQ.
How much you can get
- £400 for each NVQ or SVQ gained.
- Plus an extra 10% if you pay the levy and meet certain deadlines. See Supplementary payment.
You can claim for a maximum of four NVQs or SVQs at each level per employee in a lifetime. Three of these can be for adding a category to an existing CPCS blue card.
What the grant supports
Gaining a NVQ or SVQ level 2 or above in any subject, including ones that are not related to construction.
The NVQ/SVQ must be gained through one of these training routes:
- Apprenticeship programme (grant codes A31 and A32).
- Off-the-job training (grant codes A31C, A32C and A33)
- On-site Assessment and Training (OSAT) and Experienced Worker Practical Assessment (EWPA) (grant codes A31B, A32B and A33B)
How to claim
The deadline for making a claim is 31 October 2017. You can claim when your employee has gained their NVQ or SVQ.
Before you make a claim, you should read the details about the Vocational Qualification grant (PDF, 267 KB).
How to claim if Cskills is the awarding body
- We’ll send you a pre-completed grant claim form by post
- Sign and return this form to us at the address on the form, together with a copy of your employee’s certificate.
If you don’t receive a pre-completed form within three months of submitting your application, you can complete and email a claim form yourself - see below.
How to claim if Cskills isn’t the awarding body.
- Download the grant claim form (PDF, 275 KB)
- Email the completed form to email@example.com by the deadline, together with a copy of your trainee's certificate.
If you don’t have your trainee’s certificate at the time you claim, submit your claim anyway and we’ll contact you for it at a later stage.