The CITB Grants Scheme is in place to support all our registered employers to train their staff.
This ensures that the appropriate skills are available to upskill workers and allow the industry to prosper, whilst maintaining the essentials, such as high Health and Safety standards on site.
CITB grants ensure the long term growth and development of the industry, by contributing towards the costs of training, recognised qualifications and development.
Our ambition is for the sector to become world class - to be one of the most highly skilled, productive, safe and sustainable industries in the world. To do this we work hard to:
- reduce skills shortages
- improve business performance
- bring a diverse range of people to the industry
- improve learning for Apprenticeships, higher and further education
- develop professional occupational standards
What grants are available
We offer grants to support a wide range of training and qualifications, from CITB Apprenticeship support to management and supervisory qualifications, and other grants that help develop the whole of your business.
To see the details of the 2015/2016 Grants Scheme please download a copy of the booklets:
2015/2016 A guide to the Grants Scheme (PDF,86 KB)
2015/2016 Highlights of the Grants Scheme - Medium and Large (PDF,109 KB)
2015/2016 Highlights of the Grants Scheme - Micro and Small (PDF,557 KB)
For full details of the grants available and the Terms and Conditions that apply, visit our Grants Available page. You can also call 0344 994 4455 for more information.
Who can claim?
All employers who are registered with CITB can claim a grant, even those who don’t pay Levy.
There are grants available for all your Pay as You Earn (PAYE) employees and NET (taxed) CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) sub-contractors. Any agency staff you use will also qualify for many of the grants that are on offer.
Further to the changes in Levy legislation and the amendment to the Grants Scheme Terms and Conditions and as a result, we have received a number of queries about how this affects you. Here is a list of the most common questions with answers, that we hope help you with these changes. If you have a question that isn't answered below, please contact us on 0344 994 4455.
For more information on eligibility, read the full details of our Terms and Conditions 2015/2016 (PDF, 48 KB)
How to get your grants
- you can claim grants once you have attended a training course or completed a qualification between 1 August 2015 and 31 July 2016
- for training such as Construction Plant Competency Scheme (CPCS) or Site Safety Plus courses, you could automatically be sent a claim form by us
- For other training, or if you do not receive your form within three months of completing training, you can download the claim form above
- to keep it simple we have one form to claim for all attendance and achievement grants. Fill in the information such as your company name, title of the training course and training provider
- e-mail your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2016
Company Development Advisers
Our national network of Company Development Advisers (CDAs) can call or visit you to offer tailored advice about grants and training to support the whole of your business. To arrange a discussion with your CDA call 0344 994 4455.