What is the Grant Scheme?
The CITB Grants Scheme supports all our registered employers to train their staff.
This ensures that the appropriate skills are available to upskill workers and enable the industry to prosper, while maintaining the essentials, such as high health and safety standards on site.
CITB grants ensure the long-term growth of the industry by contributing towards the costs of training and development, and recognised qualifications.
Our ambition is for the UK construction sector to become world-class; to be one of the most highly skilled, productive, safe and sustainable in the world. To do this we work hard to:
- reduce skills shortages
- improve business performance
- attract a diverse range of people to the industry
- improve learning on apprenticeships, and higher and further education
- develop professional occupational standards.
What grants are available?
We offer grants to support a wide range of training and qualifications, such as CITB apprenticeships and management and supervisory qualifications, as well as other grants that help to develop your whole business.
Visit the Grants available page to view the Grants available for 2015/16. You can also call 0344 994 4455 for more information.
Download these booklets for more information about the Grants Scheme:
2015/16 A guide to the Grants Scheme (PDF,86 KB)
2015/16 Highlights of the Grants Scheme: medium and large (PDF,109 KB)
2015/16 Highlights of the Grants Scheme: micro and small (PDF,557 KB)
Who can claim?
All CITB-registered employers can claim a grant, including those that don’t pay levy.
There are grants available for:
- Your Pay as You Earn (PAYE) employees
- Your NET (taxed) Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sub-contractors.
- Agency staff you use will also qualify for many of the grants.
We have received several queries about how changes to Levy legislation and the Grants Scheme Terms and Conditions affect you. To help answer your questions, check the page featuring the most common questions and answers. For further queries, please contact us on 0344 994 4455.
For more information on eligibility, read our Grants Scheme Terms and Conditions 2015/16 (PDF, 48 KB)
How to get your grants
You can claim a grant from the 2015/16 Grants Scheme for training or qualifications completed between 1 August 2015 and 31 July 2016.
To claim a grant, you need fill out a grant claim form and e-mail the completed form to email@example.com by 31 October 2016.
- For certain training, such as Construction Plant Competency Scheme (CPCS) or Site Safety Plus courses, you could automatically be sent a claim form from us.
- For other training, or if you do not receive your form within three months of completing training, you can download the claim form above.
- To keep it simple, we have one form to claim for all attendance and achievement grants.
Advice and support
Our national network of Company Development Advisers (CDAs) can call or visit you to offer advice about grants and training to support the whole of your business. To arrange a discussion with your CDA call 0344 994 4455.