How to register your business
If you believe your business is an employer carrying out construction industry activities (see Who should register), please complete one of our two online Registration Enquiry Forms.
We aim to confirm your registration within two weeks. We may need to contact you to obtain further information to assess your eligibility for registration.
Keep this information safe as you’ll need to quote this registration number whenever you contact us.
How to claim grants after you have registered
Once your business is registered with CITB, you need to send an annual Levy Return even if your payments are under the small firms threshold. All employers in the construction industry must complete an annual Levy Return under the Industrial Training Act 1982, so that we can assess how much levy you will have to pay, if any.
It can sometimes take over a year from the date you register to when you can start to claim grants.
If you registered before 1 April 2017, you can claim grants for:
- apprenticeships that started on 1 August 2015 or later
- other types of training that started on 1 August 2017 or later.
If you registered on or after 1 April 2017, you can claim grants for:
- apprenticeships that started on 1 August 2016 or later
- other types of training starting on 1 August 2018 or later.
Help with registering
- Ask us a question using the live chat box at the bottom of your screen
- Contact our levy team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0344 99 444 55.