What is the Be Fair framework?
The Be Fair framework provides a structured approach that helps develop Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) within your construction company, supporting your workforce and your business.
The framework consists of 5 freely available self-paced core modules that address specific areas of conformity along with a number of supporting documents and templates to help you in your quest.
It gives organisations an understanding of the obligations and duties under the Equality Act 2010 and it ensures all the necessary documentation and processes are in place to help an organisation commit to a fairer, inclusive and respectful workplace.
Your journey starts with a commitment to change within your organisation, demonstrated by taking action; promoting and communicating awareness of FIR to your workforce.
Your organisation will also need to ensure that those it works with are aware of your commitment to FIR and are beginning to demonstrate the right behaviours and attitudes in relation to FIR.
Those seeking Accreditation will work with an authorised Be Fair Provider in order to prove that they are working to an acceptable standard as defined within the modules. The Provider can help you get the most out of the framework.
Why should you get involved?
The Be Fair framework is designed to meet your company’s specific needs around Fairness, Inclusion and Respect. By creating a workplace where employees feel valued and supported, the Be Fair framework can help:
- Increase productivity through improved staff engagement and loyalty
- Reduce costs associated with staff turnover
- Reduce the likelihood of the skills you’ve invested in moving to a competitor
The framework will also support you in terms of winning work by highlighting that you value good employees who produce a high standard of work.
How to get started...
- The Be Fair framework consists of a self-paced set of modules designed to support your organisation in operating a fair, inclusive and respectful workplace.
- Download the free Be Fair Modules and Resources.
- Work your way through the Modules using the appropriate Resources to support you.
Accreditation in Be Fair is strongly encouraged, but is optional. Simply contact one of the approved Be Fair Providers here to find out more.