You can claim this grant for your employees’ attendance on short training courses related to construction, which last three hours or more.
If you have a training and development plan, you should claim for these courses through the training plan grant. You can switch to claiming through the training plan grant at any time.
Grant code: B201
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2016.
The grant supports training for your:
How much you can get
- £50 per person per day (one day is six hours)
- £25 per person per half day (a half day is three hours)
- Plus an extra 10% if you pay the CITB levy and meet certain deadlines. See supplementary payment.
You can claim a maximum of £5,000 a year. The total number of days you can claim for depends on the number of employees you declared on your Levy Return.
What the grant funds
This grant supports attendance on short courses related to construction, which are not supported by another CITB grant. The courses must last for three hours or more and can be delivered in-house or externally.
Examples of courses supported by this grant:
- management and supervisory training for your construction staff
- environment and sustainability training
- training under the Construction Industry Scaffolding Record Scheme (CISRS).
The grant does not support
- Courses for more than 30 people
- Full-time courses and evening courses
- Conferences and seminars
- Company-specific training, eg site and customer induction courses
- Heavy goods vehicle (HGV) driver’s licence courses
- Language, tachograph and VAT courses
How to claim
The deadline for submitting your claim is 31 October 2017.
To submit your claim:
- Read the short duration training grant details (PDF, 275 KB)
- Download the grant claim form (PDF, 275 KB
- Email your completed form to email@example.com by the deadline.
You must keep evidence of the training which you have completed to support your claims.