HS&E Test ID Policy
Identification (ID) Requirements for HS&E Tests
All documents presented by the candidate as identification must:
- be originals (no photocopies or digital copies)
- be in date (valid) at the time of being provided (not expired)
- be in the candidate’s name (which must match the name on the test booking)*
*Candidates must provide additional evidence if their name has changed since the ID document was issued. This additional evidence must be original and show a clear link between the name shown on the candidate’s ID and their current name, such as a marriage or civil partnership certificate, a decree absolute or decree nisi papers or a deed poll.
Candidates will not be admitted for a test if the required forms of ID are not provided and the test fee will not be reimbursed.
Candidates must provide one form of Primary ID. The Primary ID must include the candidate’s:
- full name
- a recognisable photograph
Choose one of the following:
- Passport (UK or International)
- Photocard Driving Licence (UK or European)
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) or Biometric Residence Card (BRC) - only to be used as primary ID with a signature
If candidates do not have the required form of Primary ID, they may present two forms of Secondary ID.
This must include one from List A and one from List B.
Must be valid and include the candidate’s name and a recognisable photograph
- Non-UK/Non-EU Photocard Driving Licence
- Passport without signature
- European National Identity Card UK
- CitizenCard or other proof of age card showing the
- PASS hologram
- Young Scot Card showing the PASS hologram
- CSCS card or CSCS Partner card showing the CSCS Logo (Hologram)
- UK Armed Forces ID card
- UK Armed Forces Veteran ID Card
- UK Home Office Travel Document
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) or Biometric Residence Card (BRC) without a signature
Must be valid and include the candidate’s name and signature
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Paper Driving Licence (issued before 31 March 2000)
HS&E Test ID Waiver Form
- Only to be used in exceptional circumstances where the candidate cannot provide the required Primary or Secondary ID
- The HS&E Test ID Waiver Form must include a countersigned photograph of the candidate and their signature
- Further guidance can be found on the letter attached to the HS&E Test ID Waiver Form (PDF, 167KB).
Under 16 Confirmation of Identification Form
- Only to be used where the candidate is under 16 and cannot provide the required ID
- This form must be completed together with the parental consent form and be signed by someone in a position of responsibility at the school or college that the candidate attends
- Further guidance can be found on the letter attached to the Under 16 Confirmation of ID Form (PDF, 160KB).
Should you have any queries or concerns regarding ID requirements, please contact the Testing Customer Service team on 0344 994 4488.