Advanced Craft Certificate grant
We pay grants for learners' attendance on and achievement of a course that leads to the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Advanced Craft Certificate in a subject related to construction.
This grant only applies to employers in Scotland.
On this page:
We pay grants for:
- Attending an off-the-job course for Scottish Qualifications Authority Professional Development Award SCQF Level 7 (Advanced Craft Certificate) between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023.
- Achieving a Scottish Qualifications Authority Professional Development Award Level SCQF 7 (Advanced Craft Certificate) between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023.
If the qualification is cross-matched to a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ), you should apply for either this grant or the Short-period qualifications grant, but not both.
You can apply if you’re registered with us and meet our general Grants Scheme terms and conditions and specific requirements for this grant.
This grant is available for all directly employed full-time Pay As You Earn (PAYE) staff.
The following courses for Professional Development Awards (PDAs) SCQF Level 7 are eligible for grant:
- PDA in Carpentry and Joinery at SCQF level 7
- PDA in Painting and Decorating at SCQF level 7
- PDA in Plastering at SCQF level 7
- PDA in Roof Slating and Tiling at SCQF level 7
- PDA in Stonemasonry at SCQF level 7
- PDA in Wall and Floor Tiling at SCQF level 7
- PDA in Wood machining at SCQF level 7.
You can see more details on the SQA website.
- £22.50 per day for attendance, to a maximum of 35 days per person.
- £2,037.50 for each SQA Advanced Craft Certificate achieved.
For Advanced Craft training which takes place from the 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 year, download and complete the Advanced Craft Certificate grant application form (Excel, 102KB) by 30 June 2022.
For Advanced Craft training which takes place from the 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 year, download and complete the Advanced Craft Certificate grant application form (Excel, 79KB) by 30 June 2023.
Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the achievement certificate.
Please note: Use Chrome or Firefox to download the form. We recommend that you do not use Internet Explorer as you may have problems downloading this. This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
For support on applying for this grant you can contact your CITB Advisor or our Customer Services team on 0344 994 4455.
Grants are paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments.