Advanced Craft Certificate grant
We pay grants for learners' attendance on and achievement of a course that leads to the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Advanced Craft certificate in a subject related to construction.
This grant applies to employers in Scotland only.
On this page:
- Who can apply for this grant?
- Which courses are covered for grant?
- How much is it?
- How to apply
- Have you sent us your bank details?
We pay grants for:
- Attending an off-the-job course for Scottish Qualifications Authority Professional Development Award SCQF Level 7 (Advanced Craft certificate)
- Achieving a Scottish Qualifications Authority Professional Development Award Level SCQF 7 (Advanced Craft certificate)
If the course also leads to a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ), employers can apply for either this grant or the Short qualification grant, but not both.
You can apply if you’re a CITB Registered employer and up to date with your Levy Returns, as well as adhering to the Grants Scheme policy and specific requirements for this grant.
You can apply for this grant for all directly employed staff on the payroll.
We pay grants for the attendance and achievement of the following Professional Development Awards (PDAs) SCQF Level 7 only:
- PDA in Carpentry and Joinery
- PDA in Painting and Decorating
- PDA in Plastering
- PDA in Roof Slating and Tiling
- PDA in Stonemasonry
- PDA in Bricklaying
You can find more details on the SQA website.
You must submit your application within 52 weeks of the achievement date, download and complete the Advanced Craft certificate grant application form (Excel, 88KB) and send your completed application form to email@example.com If you are applying for achievement grant, you must attach a copy of the achievement certificate.
For support on applying for this grant you can contact your CITB Adviser or our Customer Services team on 0344 994 4455.
Grants are paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments.