Claiming the Short course grants
Levy-registered employers can claim CITB grants for approved short duration courses (training that lasts from a minimum of 3 hours to maximum 29 days).
We have a transition claiming process in place for grant payments from 3 April 2018. This gives us a way to ensure we can operate the grants scheme while we bed the new systems in. It will stay in place until such a time as we are convinced that everything is in place and working.
How to claim with Grants Online
If you are using a training provider who hasn't yet completed the CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO) approvals process, you must make your grant claim via Grants Online.
If your learner has achieved a CPCS test or a Site Safety Plus course, or you are using an Approved Training Organisation (ATO), you do not need to make a claim for a short duration course achievement grant. We will make automatic payment, if eligible, via Bacs using the data provided when you book the course.
- Sign up to CITB online. (If this is your first visit, you will be sent an email to validate your account and set up your password).
- When you are on the home page of the CITB Online portal, click on the 'Grant' button, where you’ll be prompted to log in.
- Once you are in the Grants online system, click on short duration claim information.
- Choose whether you want to make an individual claim (single course / learner) or a bulk claim (multiple courses / learners).
- You will need to refer to the grant codes as shown in the short duration training standard search when you are completing either form.
Alternatively, you can download a list of grant codes (PDF, 376KB). This list is updated on a monthly basis, so please ensure you are using the correct version each time you submit a claim.
If you choose to complete an individual grant claim:
- Click on the Short duration individual grant claim button.
- Enter the learner details as requested on the form.
- If the learner doesn’t exist on our database, you will need to create a new learner profile.
- In the learner profile complete details of the claim (* denotes a mandatory field).
- Submit the form.
- You will be paid the relevant amount via Bacs.
Watch our video about making an individual grant claim below or see it on YouTube.
If you choose to make a bulk claim:
- Our system has a bulk upload function. This means you can quickly and easily export data in your system into the short duration grant claim form.
- Click on the short duration bulk grant claim button and follow the instructions in the grant portal.
Watch our video about making bulk claims below