The CDM Wizard is a free app, available for smartphone, tablets (iOS and Android devices) and can be used on your desktop computer or laptop. It helps you to plan and organise your construction job, and work together with others involved to make sure that the work is carried out without risks to health and safety.
The app asks you questions about what you will be doing and the nature of the work.
Most of the questions are answered with simple tick-boxes, allowing you to complete the whole process in less than 5 minutes.
An action plan is then generated that can be viewed instantly on your device or can be emailed to whoever needs it. This is the Construction Phase Plan for your job and required under CDM 2015.
The plan includes:
- Details of your job and activities
- Potential health and safety risks
- Measures to stay healthy and safe
We have updated our CDM Wizard with some great new features. It is now more flexible and will answer all your CDM requirements.
You can now:
- Create and access your account from your desktop or from any smartphone.
- Edit plans that you have previously created
- Start a plan on one device or computer, log on to another device or computer and continue the plan
- Upload your company logo to be automatically put on to the plan
- Upload a copy of your signature so you no longer need to print off the document before sending
- Complete and save multiple plans to the Cloud
- Have several partially finished plans ready to be completed at a later time.
The CDM Wizard app is available for iOS and Android devices. Use the links below to download the app for your smartphone or tablet.
You can also use the CDM Wizard on your desktop computer, or laptop.
Note: App update coming soon! In the meantime still use the web link and you will be able to transfer plans over with your account details when the app update is available.
"I’ve just downloaded the CITB CDM App... It is excellent. Well done on a simple but invaluable innovation."
Dr Billy Hare PhD, BSc (Hon), BA, MCIOB, Reader in Construction Management, School of Engineering & Built Environment, Glasgow Caledonian University
"It makes a tough looking task straightforward and achievable in the right hands."
Professor Iain Cameron, BSc MSc PhD FCMI FCIOB CFIOSH FHEA FRSA