Short-period qualification grant
There is a skills gap in the Construction Industry for Rainscreen Cladding, to help address this gap we are increasing the Short period qualification grant for learners who achieve an NVQ/SVQ in Rainscreen Cladding on or after 1 April 2022
On this page:
- Who can apply for this grant?
- Which courses are eligible for grant?
- How much is it?
- How to apply
- Have you sent us your bank details?
We pay grant for the achievement of approved short-period qualifications in core construction skills. These include:
- NVQ at Levels 2 and above and SCQF at Levels 5 and above
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Plant-related vocational qualification (VQ) achievements
- Specific plant-related VQ units
Qualifications can be delivered in several ways as defined within the approved standard, including:
- through on-site assessment (OSAT)
- through experienced worker practical assessment (EWPA)
- by distance and e-learning
- outside conventional working hours (evenings or weekends)
Short-period qualification grants are not available to support individual achievements that form part of other longer qualifications. Please see long-period qualification grant or apprenticeship grants for details.
Who can apply for this grant?
You can apply if you’re registered with us and meet our general Grants Scheme terms and conditions and specific requirements in this grant.
This grant is available for all directly employed staff on the payroll, business owners and partners, and all subcontractors.
Which courses are eligible for grant?
If you know of a construction-related qualification that is not already on the list of grant eligible qualifications, you can submit a suggest a course form for further consideration.
How much is it?
You can apply for £600 for each achievement, up to a maximum of 4 achievements at each level per individual. You can only apply once for an individual for the same achievement.
Within the maximum of four achievements at Level 2, you can apply for a maximum of three plant related VQ units per individual at £300 each.
Where there is a previous grant for a plant operations VQ, future achievements will only be considered for the plant-related VQ unit grant.
An enhancement for each Rainscreen Cladding NVQ/SVQ will be applied automatically where the employer is eligible at the same time as the qualification grant is processed.
- Eligible for achievements from 1 April 2022. The grant rate is £1,000 (£600 for the achievement plus £400 enhancement payment)
- Rainscreen Cladding NVQ/SVQ’s are included within the maximum of four achievements at each level per individual
How to apply
For achievements awarded after 1 April 2021, you should Download and complete the 2021-2022 grant application form (Excel, 165KB) by 30 June 2022.
For achievements awarded after 1 April 2022, you should Download and complete the 2022-2023 grant application form (Excel, 638KB) by 30 June 2023.
However, this deadline is subject to change pending the automation of short-period qualification grants.
- Save the form, complete the SPQ achievement tab on the application form
- Attach a copy of the achievement certificate or achievement notification email from the awarding body. Your application cannot be processed without this evidence
- Send your completed form to email@example.com
Please note: Use Chrome or Firefox to download the form. We recommend that you do not use Internet Explorer as you may have problems downloading this.
For support on applying for this grant you can contact your CITB Advisor or our Customer Services team on 0344 994 4455.
Have you sent us your bank details?
Grants are paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments